Borderline Regional Arts Association inc
Fine Artists of the QLD Southern Downs and NSW New England border regions
Borderline Home Page News
- Borderline members take part in Art Auction for Firies
- …from my backyard …. on till the 17th of November at Stanthrope
22 artists share their vision at our major bi-annual exhibition at SRAG which was officially opened on October 4th. Below is a small selection of the range of works exploring the representational and metaphorical perspectives that ‘…from my backyard’ conjured for the individual artist.
Congratulations to Judy Harris for the first sale of the night with her piece ‘Nothing To Crow About’. Congratulations also to Sue Jurd, Albert Verschuuren and Gay Landeta for their opening night sales. This exhibition continues till the 17th of November and is part of the Granite Belt Art Trail which is on over the weekends of the 19 – 20 October and 26 – 27 October 2019.
- Borderline presents ‘…from my back yard’ at SRAG in October 2020
Borderline takes over the Stanthorpe Gallery in October … here is a preview of some of the beautiful works that will be presented….
- On The Move – on till August 3rd.
Just a small selection from our July exhibition at Inverell Art Gallery….
- Borderline’s Inverell Gallery Exhibition is gathering momentum ….
So exciting to see our members work being prepared for our exhibition “On The Move” in Inverell – opening at the Galery on June 30th and continuing to August 3rd.
Here is a taster of what is to come – from Raylee Delaney – Barra Nula VII (right)
from Liz Powell – one of 3 tunnel books that she will be exhibiting (left).
and from Jayne Barrett a work in progress – eco print hanging in wool (below).
- Important Date for Members!
June 1st – mark your diaries! Entries for our Inverell Show must be to Carmel Higgins by then. Check your inbox for documentation or our private FB site. More info below…
“Borderline on the Move”
Inverell Art Gallery: Opening 30 June 2018
- Friday 1 June: All entry forms to be returned with retail prices (including applicable commission in prices. 44% for non-members, 33% for members of Inverell Gallery. Artist’s statement to be included
- Tuesday 19 June: Works from Stanthorpe to be delivered to Honeysuckle Cottages between 10 – 4.oopm. Or, work to be delivered to the Artists’ Collective Gallery in Tenterfield by Wednesday 20 June (All artwork to be hung must have 2D Hooks attached and be labeled with name of artist and title of the work.)
Note : Large works and 3D to be delivered to Inverell by artist.
- Saturday 30 June: 1.00pm Exhibition Opens. $10-15 for lunch (to be decided) A bus may be organized for transport.
- Friday 3 August: Conclusion of Exhibition – work can be taken down, signed out and collected from the Gallery between 10- 4pm
Forms to be Completed. (Copies provided)
- Inverell Art Society’s Conditions for holding Exhibitions. Cost $125 paid by Borderline
- Application to Sell Items
- Inverell Art Society Membership fees
- Exhibiting Artist Information Sheet
- Stock Sheet List
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Tenterfield Show Fine Arts – Borderline Member’s Wins
Congratulations to the following Borderline wins at the Tenterfield Show 2018
Judy Harris “Stretching” : Grand Champion. 1st Figurative
Anni Washington “New England – Line and Pattern” : 1st Outdoor Scene
Margaret Dowe “Gumtree Dilemma” : 1st Abstract
Janet White “Stoneware, wheel thrown, leaf pattern”: 1st Ceramics
Raylee Delaney “She was a good cook”: 2nd Outdoor Scene. Tied 4th Peoples choice.
Carmel Higgins “Camellia Bud”: 2nd Novice
Sue Jurd “Cosmic II”: 2nd Abstract
Maryke Miller “Wheel thrown teapot”: 2nd Ceramics
- Stanthorpe Art Prize Entires open!
- Date Holders – Exhibitions Where Our Members Work Can be Seen!
The art year is starting off with a number of local events where our member’s amazing work can be seen ….
The Stanthorpe Show – Feb 2 – 4th
The Tenterfield Show – Feb 9th and 10th : entries due on the 7th or 8th before 10 am
LAF Out Loud – Local Art Fest (part of the Apple And Grape Festival) – Feb 22 to April 1st : entries due Feb 13 – 17th.
Uralla Rotary Club 41st Annual Art Exhibition – 17th to 25th of March, opening night Friday the 16th : entries due Feb 23rd.
NB Members – all entry forms are available via the links or see the January Borderline minutes for more information (via your email).
- Borderline Christmas Party